We use the IDEXX Image Vue DR50 Digital Imaging System
How it works:
- Radiographs (x-rays) are taken.
- The images are sent to a computer.
- The computer takes the images and sharpens the detail.
- The images can then be viewed on a computer screen.
What are the benefits of digital radiography?
- Images can be enlarged 100 times, rotated, and enhanced to bring out even more detail.
- Sections of the image can be accurately measured using a digital ruler.
- After viewing, images are permanently stored on the computer hard drive for further use.
- If a Radiology specialist's opinion or referral is needed, the images can be emailed without any loss of detail.
After viewing digital x-rays, plain film x-rays show incredibly inferior quality.